Dot Hill AssuredSAN 6000 Series storage arrays offer greater data security, faster throughput and substantial business benefits for markets that demand extremely high-bandwidth performance, such as telecommunications, cloud service providers, big data analytics, HPC and digital image archiving.
The AssuredSAN storage arrays with 6004 controllers deliver up to 250,000 input/output operations per second (IOPS), sustained sequential read performance of up to 12GB/second, and write performance of up to 5.7 GB/second. 6004 controllers are available with either the Ultra56™ or Ultra48™ high density chassis.
Key applications include: High performance computing, big data analytics, post production editing, and telecommunications applications.
Software Tuned for Performance and Protecting Data
RealStor™ Storage Operating System Enables Performance-enhancing SSD Configurations
RealStor software allows customers to implement next generation hybrid storage solutions that leverage the power of SSDs to increase storage performance. RealStor offers a range of options to boost performance no matter what your workload requirements. With RealStor you can choose flash read-cache, RealTier for Flash – storage tiering with SSDs, or RealTier for Capacity – storage tiering between different speed HDDs to boost IO performance. In addition, RealStor includes thin provisioning to make it easier to manage storage growth.
Software Tuned for Streaming Performance
Dot Hill’s firmware is optimized to manage thousands of simultaneous streams, while maintaining high levels of performance. RealStream software in the 6004 Series benefits bandwidth-intensive applications by managing many simultaneous ingest streams with autonomic, real-time and predictive load balancing. Dot Hill’s firmware is tuned to deliver multiple streams through its Adaptive Read-ahead Algorithm which provides predictive intelligence that prevents data stream traffic problems.
Data Protection Software
- RealStor includes the rapid RAID rebuild feature, virtual snapshots, and asynchronous replication to enhance DR plans.
- Supports Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
- Microsoft and VMware certified.
The 6004 SAN storage arrays are powerful RAID data storage solutions with high density chassis which can scale to 448 terabyes within a single array, and up to 1.9 petabytes of storage with additional expansion arrays. The dual redundant design eliminates ‘single points of failure’ that can disrupt business operations. AssuredSAN arrays have dual active-active controllers for higher performance and failover, ‘hot swappable’ drives, dual power supplies and fans, all of which contribute to proven 99.999% uptime.
- Up to 250,000 IOPS from disk
- Up to 12 GB per second sequential reads, 5.7 GB per second sequential writes
- 40 GB cache per system
- 4 ports per controller, 8 for dual controller models
- 16Gb Fibre Channel, 12Gb SAS, and 10Gb iSCSI host connectivity
- Drive-spin-down reduces power consumption during non-peak hours
- Patented EcoStor™ battery-free cache backup eliminating battery replacement
- Platinum rated power supplies
- Support for mixed HDD and SSD devices for hybrid solutions
Rugged, Mobile Applications
- 6004 Ultra56 models are NEBS Level 3 and MIL STD 810G compliant to meet Telecommunications requirements and Military standards for shock and vibration.
6004 arrays can be easily expanded using JBOD high-density chassis. See the Ordering Information tab for details.
6004 models of data storage solutions support multiple languages – Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese and Korean.