Powerful dedicated 2K/4K transcoding application automates fast, high-quality digital file conversion at the highest performance for studios and VFX facilities involved in motion picture and high-end TV production.
Transkoder is based on Colorfront’s award winning On-set Dailies architecture and uses cost-effective, commodity hardware, to deliver faster-than-real-time processing to transcode, decode, convert, wrap and process files to various high-end file formats.
Colorfront Transkoder is the ultimate tool for DCP and IMF mastering, including: the industy's highest performance JPEG2000 encoding and decoding, 32-bit floating point processing on multiple GPUs, MXF wrapping, accelerated checksums and AES encryption and decryption, IMF/IMP and DCI/DCP package authoring, editing, transwrapping.
Transkoder 2016 adds features such as dual 4K outputs for simultaneous HDR and SDR mastering, Dolby Atmos audio and Dolby Vision encoding, automatic calculation of MaxFALL / MaxCLL values for SMPTE ST 2086:2014 HDR metadata, Civolution forensic watermarking, AS-11 - DPP output, audio level meter and vectorscope.
Advanced DCP/IMF mastering features include SMPTE TT, closed caption and subtitle support, including keyframe animated PNG and text based subtitles, bitrate and PSNR analysis, two pass encoding with PSNR and bitrate targeting, package validation with logging and reporting and international language support.
Transkoder 2016 Brochure(new) | 1.5 MB
OSD & Transkoder User Guide (new) | 23.9MB
Transkoder API Guide | 290KB
TRANSKODER IS BASED ON COLORFRONT’S AWARD WINNING ON-SET DAILIES ARCHITECTURE AND USES COST-EFFECTIVE, COMMODITY HARDWARE, TO DELIVER FASTER-THAN-REAL-TIME PROCESSING TO TRANSCODE, DECODE, CONVERT, WRAP AND PROCESS FILES TO VARIOUS HIGH-END FILE FORMATS.
- Industry-leading IMF, DCP, AS-02 mastering, authoring, validation, and QC tool
- Highest quality RAW deBayering from any camera from AJA Cion to ALEXA65
- Colorfront Engine - 32-bits per channel managed look pipeline built on ACES 1.0
- HDR ready - mastering for a bright future
- Unmatched performance state of the art multi-GPU image processing engine
- 4K DCP/UHD IMF and HEVC encoding at 100+ FPS
- Running on off-the-shelf workstation, no obsolescence-prone, proprietary hardware
- Available on PC, Mac and Amazon AWS
The development of Colorfront Transkoder was inspired through collaboration with customers, including Technicolor in Hollywood, which has standardized its dailies services around Colorfront On-Set Dailies for motion picture and high-end TV customers.
"Technicolor has been a pioneer in digital cinema since its inception in 1999. We provide our clients with worldwide scale coupled with locally managed and delivered digital cinema releasing services including mastering and distribution. We’ve been extremely impressed with the speed and flexibility of Colorfront Transkoder for DCP and IMP creation. The team is sharp, fast and flexible and their products are a direct reflection of this."
Nick Mitchell, Vice President, Digital Cinema Mastering Services Technicolor
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Operating System Supermicro, HP Z840 or Mac Pro workstation
- Also available running on AWS.
- de-Bayer & de-Mosaic, format, resize, aspect ratio, crop, LUTs and color space conversion, watermark, subtitle and encode processing
- EDL and Final Cut XML conform
- JPEG2000 (IMF and DCP) MXF wrapping
- Composition Playlist and Output Profile List XML (showing resolution, bitrate, format) to define jobs and deliverables
- uncompressed audio and subtitling
- watch folder
- scriptable command line interface
- web service based SOAP/REST API